The Back End Software Engineer is responsible for developing the back end of a web and/or cloud application, handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. The Back End Software Engineer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. This person works semi-autonomously as part of a team that performs rapid prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems.
Reports to Software Project Manager, Software Program Manager, Engineering manager or Team Leader
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end developers.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side applications.
- Collaborate with front-end developers, customers, users and Product Managers to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or Product Line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products and systems that meet the project quality standards and requirements.
- Contribute to and support re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Information Technology or Engineer with focus on software
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends back- end development for Cloud applications
- Interpersonal communication.
- Oral and written communication.
- Team player respected by peers.
- Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices.
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.