- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- 5+ years of programming experience in Golang or similar languages
- Full-stack developer experience or familiarity (strength/preference in either UI or Back-end is ok)
- Solid understanding of cloud native development, containerization, CI/CD, microservices and API development
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills. Able to work in teams and collaborative fashion
- Languages/Technologies: Golang; React; Node.js; Microservices; C#; GitHub, JIRA, Linux, Windows
- Expertise in Golang, CRDs in Kubernetes, Typescript
- Experience with cloud tools like: Kubernetes, Docker Google Cloud Platform, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD and Dev Ops tools like: GitOps, GitHub, Harness, Helm, Test Automation tools
- Certification, training or skills in agile, cloud computing, or software development technologies
- Experience developing in a fast-paced, dynamic Agile environment
- Experience in Retail industry, POS software solution development, and/or SAAS
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop high quality software which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, is secure, and facilitates ease of support.
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code.
- Build and manage the DevOps processes including test automation, CI/CD pipeline, product installation, upgrades, and infrastructure provisioning.
- Conduct unit tests, track problems, and implement changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Provide input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training.
- Analyze, design and implement software mechanisms to improve code stability, performance, and re-usability.
- Participate and lead code review sessions.
- Participate with industry groups, stay current with technology and industry trends, disseminate knowledge to team members, form best practices. (Retail and Self-service Retail Industry groups)
- Communicate with Solution Management and other internal teams. Participate in cross-functional collaboration within the organization.