Our client requires a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) with excellent communication skills for active collaboration with associates within the team and various external teams. It will actively participate in projects to deploy and support Cybersecurity technologies. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be able to work with little supervision.
This Cyber Security Specialist role includes all aspects of the squad mission; but primarily has two focus areas:
- Hands-on, technical role. This role will assist with projects including setting-up, testing, and piloting security technologies and helping deploy them to production environment.
- Support activities required to deliver projects and initiatives
- This role will assist in solving service escalations and performing routine tasks to ensure that owned/managed solutions are operating at optimum performance.
- Support project activities related to network security and cloud system security
- Post-deployment monitoring and testing
- Ensures compliance of the security controls software version, policies, and rules.
- Responsible for development, implementation, monitoring, and operational support of new or currently owned/managed solutions and service provider relationships
- Provide and maintain consistent and accurate operational documentation, process workflows, and configurations
- Follow formal change control processes and create appropriate documentation for changes to prevent or minimize outages
- Define and implement automation and orchestration scenarios
- Maintains baselines for the secure configuration and operations of assets.
- Contributes to the IT security-related aspects of legal and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain and enforce adherence to corporate and SOC standards, processes, and procedures
- Identifies vulnerabilities of networks, systems, and applications by performing regular penetration tests and assessments.
Qualifications/Education – Minimum Requirements:
- Typically has 4+ years relevant experience
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Network Security and firewall management (Cisco, Checkpoint, Azure)
- Cloud technologies and processes (Azure/AWS – security groups, hardening systems)
- Knowledge of foundational security principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge including hardware, software, and networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, related network and application protocols and their security issues incl. Routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), Switching (VLAN, VTP, STP), Nat / PAT skills
- Operational knowledge of system and network security engineering best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and prioritize
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and disciplined, with excellent time management skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous work experience in a Security Operations Center
- Relevant security certifications (CISSP, CISA, GIAC, Security Plus)
- Automation and orchestration (Terraform, Ansible)
- Scripting experience – Python, Powershell, etc.
- Regular expressions
- Experience with implementing IT security configuration standards
- Proven hands-on experience with Security tools Intrusion Prevention, Endpoint Protection, Proxy/Web Filter, Encryption, Certificate Management.