We are looking for a network engineer to join our platform engineering team as the first cloud Netops/SRE hire to optimize, manage, and protect our cloud-native best-in-class and fully-automated development, staging, and production environments.
- Design, configure and support our global network infrastructure, collaborating across multiple teams to optimize for proprietary low latency applications.
- Responsible for the reliability, availability and network performance of our cloud-based applications.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of the networking solution from high level design to delivery and transition to service.
- Support and troubleshoot a hybrid wireless and wired high performance network environment.
- Take an automated, data driven approach to diagnosing and solving complex network infrastructure issues.
- Leverage automation skills and take a “net ops” approach to improve efficiency of network management, deployment and maintenance of proprietary applications.
- Propose new cloud networking features adoption.
- Be outspoken in meetings and generate new ideas for the team.
We are strict believers in testing and building software based on solid principles. We automate everything from development, deployment and infrastructure. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs.
What are we looking for?
If you’re a Google Cloud wizard, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- Familiar with Google Cloud networking configuration and security capabilities.
- Proven hands-on network and security experience CCNP or higher understanding of networking protocols (e.g., GRE, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Hands on experience with configuring and installing various network devices and services including; routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, GRE, QoS).
- A solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network and security diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Security technologies such as – NGFWs (Palo Alto).
- Familiar with automation tools (Terraform).
- CCNP / CCIE level of certification is preferred.
- Experience working with Network monitoring tools.