Our client is looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Architecting, designing and migrating business workloads to the cloud.
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects.
- Defining and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
- Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
- Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value of migrating to AWS.
- Driving the co-development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities with the Geo business lead.
- Identifying platform improvements, influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and the Migration Acceleration Program.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals.
- Engaging with C-level customer executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach to enterprise migrations, working backwards from customer needs.
This is a senior role in a Solutions Architecture organization that provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change in large enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud.
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and migrating workloads (preferably to the cloud).
- Experience with datacenter migrations, consolidation of data centers, migration of servers & applications from own data center to 3rd party managed (Cloud, hosting or collocation).
- Application portfolio modernization experience OR IT portfolio rationalization.
- 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical leader in customer-facing roles OR 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles.
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
- 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating model, Software design or development
- 5+ Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
- 3+ years of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
- 3+ years of expert level technical acumen and the ability to understand the customer landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform to meet or exceed business requirements.