AX Techno-Functional Consultant
The experienced Dynamics AX team is currently comprised of 3 programmer/analysts, 3 functional analysts and 7 consultants (QA, Analysts, & programmers). With the goal of continuing the implementation of Dynamics AX sales and distribution functionality (in our 6 heavy vehicle parts distribution centres across Canada) as well as the development and customization of new modules not yet implemented (returns, a/r), implement numerous integration projects with other systems, and upgrade AX 2012 to Dynamics 365, we are looking for additional AX talent.
Candidates for this position will report to the Dynamics AX development manager and should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a programmer/analyst role in a Windows environment or in an ERP implementation project. Candidates should also have a minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with Dynamics AX.
You should be able to:
- Analyze, recommend, develop, test, & document requests made by both business and technical users.
- Program using typical AX tools such as MorphX, X++, Visual Studio etc…
- Document requests made by users then program and test
- Maintain and upgrade the performance of the AX system
- Rigorously maintain the efficiency of the Dynamics AX System
- Analyze, document, and test hotfixes supplied by Microsoft
- Perform code deployment between AX testing environments as well as promotion of modifications to the production system.
- Occasional direct user support and production system support.
- Cegep, collegial or university degree in an I.T. related field
- Possess a minim of 7 years of experience as a programmer/analyst in a Windows environnement with C#, C++, or VB.NET or in the scope of an ERP implementation for distribution.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience programming with Dynamics AX.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX 2012
- Knowledge of .NET & WCF are an asset
- Good knowledge of SQL Server
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) an important asset
- Capable of thriving in a team oriented environment
- Capable of working to provide extended user support on a rotational basis.
- Excellent capacity to learn
- Capable of understanding and translating business needs, be they business processes or technical needs.
- Capable of understanding and integrating software to satisfy business needs
- Good capacity for managing his/hr time, schedule and priorities
- Must be a good communicator ready to listen and help others understand complex issues
- Must be results oriented focused on satisfying the client
In return for your commitment, here is what we are offering:
- Flexible group insurance coverage: Health, Medical, Dental and Life
- Retirement plan
- Employee Help Program
- Reimbursement of tuition, school fees under certain conditions
- Online Training portal
- Flexible hours and a work from home program
- Free Parking