What you’ll do
- Understand the current client/project landscape and define and design the DevOps processes
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of DevOps within the project and organisation.
- Implementation of DevOps process including ensuring the adoption by the development teams.
- Manage and maintain the DevOps processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Use effective communication to work with development teams to constantly enhance, document, found processes, improve coordination and increase the operational performance and security of systems.
- Working with the wider Capgemini DevOps community to identify and develop new accelerators that can be introduced to new and existing projects.
- Exposure to a variety of industries e.g. Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest quality individuals who bring the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- A Software Engineering mindset
- Broad understanding of DevOps but with in-depth knowledge and experience of implementations with the Microsoft product stack (Azure/.NET, Dynamics or SharePoint) with special focus in Azure DevOPs
- An understanding of the following areas o At least one modern programming language Java/C#/Java Script/Python/Go/Ruby etc
- Understanding of scripting languages, PowerShell/Bash
- Automating the creation and maintenance of complex cloud infrastructure (anything as code).
- PaaS, Serverless, IaaS inc VMs, Storage, security configuration o Applying of security engineering principles (DevSecOps)
- Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Terraform
- Source code control repository for Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) or Git
- Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps, Windows VM etc.)
- Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools (Jenkins, Quick Build, Teamcity, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.) o Container and Container Orchestration tools, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- A desire to continually develop your knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft platforms, keeping on top of roadmaps, studying for certifications and being ahead of the curve and latest trends to bring maximum value to our clients
- Excellent consulting skills:
- You form strong and lasting relationships with clients and colleagues, and these interactions should be second nature to you.
- You have an ability to clearly articulate and present your ideas and solutions
- Flexible attitude, critical thinking and the ability to engage with stakeholders at every level – from C-suite to end user.
- Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes, stakeholder engagement, creative thinking, presentation and coaching.
- A strong professional development record.
Ideally you will have had previous experience within a consultancy role, with experience of:
- Full lifecycle experience on programmes using Microsoft Technologies and knowledge of the supporting business processes.
- Microsoft certifications are advised.
- Scrum master experience would be beneficial.