As Cloud Platform Engineer, you will be part of the Platform Architecture Team building at one of the biggest Insurance Data Lakes in the world. Your main responsibility will be to design the Azure cloud infrastructure for both non-production and production environments, and implement this design in the shape of Terraform code, required to automatically deploy the specified services in the Infrastructure Design.
- Design Azure cloud infrastructure and develop the terraform scripts for building the environments utilising the infrastructure designs with client’s best practices and the “build-once” approach.
- Test infrastructure deployments and build of environments.
- Assist developers with integrating with the client’s environments.
- Adapt solutions with technology that is not always obvious from the Microsoft Azure portal to expand the configuration options available in Terraform scripting.
- Engage with development teams when needed to complete DevOps tasks.
- Specifies, details and documents the security, capacity, and network settings and for each element of the infrastructure.
- Provides technical information to infrastructure project management on service requests.
- Strong experience building highly automated infrastructures using Terraform
- Solid experience of core Azure Cloud PaaS including (but not limited to), Azure DevOps, Yaml Pipelines
- Scripting (Bash, Power Shell, Python)
- Focus on quality and results
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Azure PaaS Services: Azure Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake (Nice to have)
- Azure Certified Professional (Nice to have)