Our client is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world-class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks, and wealth management institutions. They have a team of 60+ engineers (devs, QAs, BAs, project managers) who are working on one big product – re-engineering of customer’s multi-asset trading system.
They are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with 4+ years of relevant experience, who will operate as a participant, or lead; small to medium projects involving configuration as code. The projects will be undertaken in a financial trading environment which includes execution as well as post-trade analytics. Candidate will be expected to work directly with business customers as a partner to achieve a common goal. Typical projects will involve the migration/deployment of existing or new applications into a config as code, cloud-based environment. This will include taking projects from requirements gathering & prototyping through to production deployment. Candidate will be given latitude and the expectation to drive & shape improvements to the various frameworks in the development space.
Key Skills checked in Technical Interview: Chef, Ruby, Windows, Linux, any of Database\Application servers(SQL Server, Mysql, Postgres, JBOSS, Tomcat), CI/CD Team City or Azure, Bash/Powershell
This is Chef\Full Stack DevOps position responsible for the development, support, maintenance, and implementation of a complex project module.
- Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
- Strong experience and deep knowledge of Chef -> Ruby (Python or development + system engineering experience)
- Powershell and C# to make adjustments/customizations in Azure DevOps.
- Strong experience with automation and administration of IIS\NGINX, Windows, Linux, any of Database\Application servers (SQL Server, Mysql, Postgres, JBOSS, Tomcat).
- Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks (RSpec, Kitchen, Inspec)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process
- Experience in building/implementing CI/CD processes using CI servers, preferably TeamCity or Azure CI/CD
- Experience with Bash/Powershell programming.
- Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability
- Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to work in an agile, multi-skilled team
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as code patterns (cloud formation, self-creating architectures),
- Experience with security enforcement and self-healing, self-converging infrastructure
- Experience with software defined networking concepts and configuring SDN’s through the CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with artifact management, branching, and dependency tracking concepts (artifactory, nuget, maven, etc.)