We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to work for our client in their Englewood, CO office to plan requirements, determine feasibility, define, design, implement, utilize and support complex security infrastructure solutions supporting the secure operations of company initiatives, products or services.
- Conduct security operations comprised of threat prevention, threat detection, and incident response necessary to maintain the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of enterprise data and information systems.
- Provide superior customer service for internal and external customers in support of security initiatives, incident response, support, and maintenance of security tools and technologies throughout the enterprise environment.
- Provide technical security planning, implementation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services on all security technologies.
- Analyze complex technology, data communications and/or operational problems and implement solutions.
- Design, configure, install and maintain security hardware/software and peripheral equipment.
- Collaborate with other IT, security, engineering and business teams to develop technical requirements for their systems or networks then implement solutions and provide technical support as required to meet these requirements.
- Provide accurate, clear, and concise documentation of system requirements, specifications, and final builds.
- Perform all necessary functions associated with the implementation and integration of security tools and platforms into the enterprise environment.
- Seek and recommend alternative processes to improve service delivery to the organization in a secure and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or comparable or an equivalent level of education and experience.
- 8+ years of technical experience working with security solutions and conducting security operations.
- 8+ years of reviewing security tools and solutions and making recommendations on utilization and strategy.
- 8+ years of experience with network protocols, data flows and attack analysis within an IP environment.
- 8+ years of experience in building configurations for security devices and building an automated process to support large-scale deployments.
- Experience in incident response.
- Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP, SSCP, CCFP) preferred.
- Experience in multiple security technologies, e.g. CheckPoint, Fortinet, Tipping Point, Proofpoint, Sentinel One, Nessus, Varonis, SafeBreach, Tufin, Splunk, Phantom.
- Experience with delivering medium to large-scale network security initiatives in a timely manner.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving techniques.